EVENTS & SUPPORT
NAMI Southwestern Illinois Office
- Gateway Regional Medical Center
- 2100 Madison Ave. 4th Floor
- Granite City, IL 62040
- Office Phone: 618-798-9788
- Office Fax: 866-332-5338
- Office E-mail:
Feb 15, 2017
Governor Rauner gave his FY18 Budget address on Feb 15th. The governor's proposed budget has been published.
The FY18 Budget briefings for the Department of Human Services, the Department of Healthcare and Family Services, the Department on Aging, the Department of Public Health, and the Department of Child and Family Services. All briefings can be found in one document.
NAMI Illinois is fighting hard to make our voices heard. NAMI Illinois’ position and actions to be taken will be found on NAMI Illinois’ website at http://namiillinois.org/advocacy-legislation/. We urge you to visit that resource frequently to find additional information on important issues that are under consideration.
We need strong and persistent messages urging Congress to act. Please help advance mental health care by promoting Comprehensive Mental Health Reform Legislation.
May 2, 2017
May is Mental Health Month and how is Congress celebrating? By trying to decimate mental health coverage in America.
This week, there is a vote expected in the House on the amended American Health Care Act (AHCA). If this bill passes, millions of Americans will lose mental health coverage or be charged more simply because they have a mental health condition.
NAMI Family Support Group
NAMI Family Support Group is a peer-led support group for family members, caregivers and loved ones of individuals living with mental illness. Groups generally meet on a monthly basis but may meet weekly. The hallmark of a NAMI support group is leveraging the collective knowledge and experience of the other participants.
A peer-led support group, following 12 principles of support, open to all individuals living with any type of mental health condition. NAMI Connection groups are discreet and absolutely confidential, an ideal setting to connect with other individuals in recovery who are learning to cope with issues related to mental illness.
NAMI Parent Support Group
For parents and caregivers of children and adolescents living with a mental illness. This support group offers a safe, non-judgmental and confidential outlet for sharing with other parents and caregivers who have experiences similar to yours. There is hope for your child and for you. You don’t have to face this struggle on your own.
RACE • WALK - May 13, 2017
Thanks to all who came out to run, walk, or just socialize. And a special thanks to our 2017 sponsors! It’s through your generosity and continued support that NAMI SWI can carry on its mission of helping those with a mental illness along with their loved ones.
NAMI SWI HOMEFRONT CLASS
Peter Dodge and David Noble traveled to Monteagle, Tennessee in June, 2016 to be trained as NAMI Homefront facilitators. Homefront is similar to Family-to-Family, but specially designed for military-connected families. We will be launching this program soon. Click here for more info.
NUEVAS REUNIONES DE APOYO!
¿Por qué luchar por su cuenta contra la enfermedad mental y el estigma que esta produce? ¡Apóyense mutuamente en una reunión del grupo de apoyo, Conexión de NAMI! Aprenda y comparta técnicas que la gente usa para luchar contra estas condiciones. NAMI SWI ha iniciado un nuevo Grupo de Apoyo de Conexión en la Fairmont City Library en Fairmont City, IL (St. Clair County). Haga clic aquí para más info.
June 13, 2017 - NAMI SWI Annual Membership Meeting
Pascal Hall, Gateway Regional Medical Center, 2100 Madison Ave., Granite City, IL 62040
6:00pm-6:15pm Welcome and Refreshments • 6:10pm NAMI Member Theresa San Luis Viola Performance • 6:15pm-6:45pm: Guest Speaker, Victoria Gonzalez, NAMI National and Southwestern IL Board Member • 7:00pm-8:00pm: Election of the Board of Directors for 2017-2018
June – July, 2017 - NAMI Basics and Family-to-Family Classes
New Summer NAMI Basics and Family-to-Family classes are forming now!!
June 28 – July 1, 2017 - NAMI National Convention
Washington Hilton Hotel, 1919 Connecticut Ave. NW Washington, DC 20009
Questions regarding NAMI SWI meetings and inclement weather policies: when Southwestern IL College (SWIC) classes are cancelled because of bad weather NAMI SWI support meetings are also cancelled. SWIC cancellation notices will be broadcast on all major TV and radio stations in the St. Louis area. For all other events please contact the host of the event.
- May is Mental Health Awaraness Month Flyer Download Flyer
- NAMI SWI Provider Education Flyer Download Flyer
- NAMI SWI Membership Form Download Flyer
- Family-to-Family Flyer Download Flyer
- NAMI Basics Flyer Download Flyer
- NAMI Homefront Flyer Download Flyer
- Finding What Works for Your Wellness Please mark your calendars now for the 2017 Recovery & Empowerment Statewide Calls Download Flyer
- NAMI Southwestern Illinois Support Meetings for Individuals living with a Mental Illness, Family and Friends - All support group meetings are open to the public with no charge to attend. Download Flyer
- NAMI SWI Educational Programs flyer Download Flyer
- Recovery Support Center at Call For Help Recovery Support Center - 9400 Lebanon Rd, Edgemont, IL 62203 Download Flyer
- Chestnut Health Systems announces openings in their Adolescent Addiction Program. More …
- Ending the Silence - NAMI in-school presentation for school personnel and youth outreach Download Flyer
- Illinois DBSA Support Groups In the Surrounding Area Download Flyer
- DBSA Support Groups Download Flyer
NAMI Southwestern IL
Gateway Regional Medical Center
2100 Madison Ave. 4th Floor
Granite City, IL 62040
Copyright © 2017 namiswi.org