From the Executive Director…
Report from Executive Director
April 18, 2018
- The affiliate will hold our annual NAMI SWI Race for Recovery & Walk for Awareness on Saturday, May 12, 2018 at GCS Gateway Grizzlies Ballpark! Please mark your calendars for May 12th!!! The event is our organization’s largest annual fundraiser, proceeds support all the SWI programming throughout our catchment region. Thank you to Mint Green for the wonderful NAMI Llama walk-race participant t-shirts! Special thanks to NAMI Member, Linda Kunz, for generously donating all the participant shirts!!!!
- May is Mental Health Awareness Month! Please check the SWI FB page and website for data/statistics and ways to get involved with mental health education and awareness in May!
- Please mark your calendars for June 12, 2018. The affiliate will hold our annual membership meeting and election of the board for Fiscal Year. Our annual meeting speaker will be Christine Patterson, Executive Director, NAMI St. Louis. Christine will share about new collaborative efforts and joint programming efforts between our two affiliates. Please check the website and Facebook for more information on the proposed slate of officers and board candidates.
- The re-affiliation process continues with help from our NAMI National 2nd Vice President, Victoria Gonzalez. The updated target date for completion of this process is July 2018.
- The 2018 NAMI Convention is scheduled for June 27-30 in New Orleans. Our own Victoria Gonzalez is chairing the convention and we look forward to an informative, inspiring convention!!!!
- I have had the honor to attend the United Way Washington University Olin School of Business, Business Management program throughout the Spring.
- The Executive Committee and myself are working on several projects helping to expand our public relations, marketing, and social media connections.
- Thank you to Donna Sheard and Cathy Knowlton who will be leading our Summer NAMI Basics Education class and Diane and Paul Borawski who will be leading our Summer Family to Family Education class! Thank you all!
- Thank you to our friends in Effingham for all your many efforts to grow our SWI affiliate in the Effingham, Mattoon, and Mt. Vernon area!!! Special thanks to: John & Donna Mayer, and Sue & Harold Heth!
NAMI SWI currently has active NAMI National Signature Programming in 7 Illinois Counties:
Bond, Clinton, Madison, Macoupin, Monroe, Randolph, and St. Clair
Thank you to all board members, project leaders, members, and volunteers!!! Jessica Gruneich, JD firstname.lastname@example.org