From the Executive Director…
Report from Executive Director
January 9, 2018
- Thanks to all board members, members, staff, and volunteers who donated items to the affiliate’s 4th annual Warm Winter Wishes campaign! Thanks to your generosity the affiliate was able to distribute over 150 items to individuals at Chestnut Health Systems, Call for Help, Inc., and Centerstone of Illinois. Special thank you to Development Director, Vicki Short, for helping with the WWW campaign!! Vicki was able to secure a very generous donation from Shop Jersey and More, a local shop in Fairview Heights.
- The affiliate will be receiving $28,000.00 in United Way Funding for CY 2018. Jessica will be meeting with our funding manager in early February to discuss panel recommendations and campaign procedures for 2018. The Madison County Mental Health Board meeting scheduled for January 10th was cancelled. The affiliate’s CY 2018 funding request will be heard at the March 2018 meeting.
- will have the honor to speak with members of the Madison County Bar Association, at a seminar on February 1st.
- Special thanks to affiliate staff for organizing our affiliate Friday Social scheduled for Feb 9th.
- I will have the honor to attend the Washington University Olin Business School’s 2018 Business Management for Non-profit Leaders Certificate Program. The program offers research-driven thinking, applied organizing principles across the school’s degree program, which emphasize developing the rigorously analytical, critical-thinking skills; applied learning; global competence; and communication and collaboration skills needed to solve today’s complex, unstructured business challenges.
- Thanks to all donors who contributed to the affiliate’s annual End of Year donation campaign. The affiliate raised approximately $6,500.00. Finally, what a milestone for the affiliate website, we have reached over a million visitors since inception in 2004!! What an accomplishment!!!
- Thank you to Judi Boker and Cortnie Stone for teaching our affiliate’s Fall NAMI Family to Family education program. The next NAMI Family to Family class is scheduled for Feb 20th at St Paul UCC in Belleville.
- Thank you to Donna Sheard and Cathy Knowlton for teaching our affiliate’s upcoming NAMI Basics education class. The class is scheduled to begin Jan 25th at 6pm at Anderson Hospital in Maryville
- Thanks to Angie Townsend and Cara Emrich who will be coordinating our affiliate’s new programming in the Centralia and Mt. Vernon area. Staff is currently evaluating the upcoming 2018 NAMI SWI training calendar. Upcoming affiliate regional training will include NAMI Ending the Silence, NAMI Family to Family, and NAMI Family Support Group training opportunities.
- Please check the affiliate website for the most updated list of signature programming volunteer opportunities.
NAMI SWI currently has active NAMI National Signature Programming in 7 Illinois Counties:
Bond, Clinton, Madison, Macoupin, Monroe, Randolph, and St. Clair
Thank you to all board members, project leaders, members, and volunteers!!! Jessica Gruneich, JD firstname.lastname@example.org