From the Executive Director…
Report from Executive Director
May 18, 2017
- The United Way of Greater of St. Louis annual agency data report was submitted on Friday, April 21st. The NAMI SWI annual site visit will occur in August 2017.
- Thank you to Beverley Watkins, Vickey Gonzalez, Cara Emrich and Marie Krysnoski for speaking at our affiliate In Our Own Voice presentation on Tuesday, April 25th at the Simmons Law Firm in Alton. Special thanks to NAMI SWI Board Member, Karoline Carstens, for coordinating our affiliate’s attendance and presentation at Simmons.
- NAMI SWI was selected to participate in the 2017 United Way Washington University Olin School of Business Board Fellow Program. Thanks to NAMI SWI Board Member Tai Prohaska, for attending the welcoming ceremony on Saturday, April 29th. A very warm welcome to Kalin Pearce, our Washington University Board Fellow!! Tai and Kalin will be working on the following: Assist in implementation of the NAMI SWI Strategic Communications Plan: including the following: Media relations, Donor and funder relations, Public relations (including specific audiences, such as business, mental health providers). Activities will include: Market research, drafting public messages and news releases, drafting internal communications, Developing research and evaluation tools. Welcome, Kalin!!
- NAMI SWI was notified on May 3rd that the affiliate was the recipient of a WellCare Community Health Grant in the amount of $1,500.00.
- The affiliate was also the recipient of a $2,000.00 contribution from the Fairview Heights Police Department, attending the presentation ceremony were Executive Director, Jessica Gruneich, 1st Vice President, Peter Dodge, Police Chief Nick Gailius, and Fairview Heights Mayor, Mark Kupsy.
- Thanks to all board members, sponsors, volunteers, and participants for ensuring a VERY successful 2017 Race for Recovery & Walk Awareness! Special thanks to Katie Venvertloh and Tai Venuti for their leadership in leading the planning committee!!!
Mark Your Calendars
- Please mark your calendars for Tuesday, June 13, 2017 for the annual membership meeting, scheduled for 6pm at Pascal Hall at Gateway Regional! Board candidate’s biographies are available on page 14 of the June-July 2017 issue of the Newsletter.
- Thank you to Ann Barnum and Mary Gruneich for teaching our affiliate’s Spring Basics Education class, the class finished with a class party on April 5th in Maryville. Special thanks to NAMI SWI Board Member, Susy Woods, for speaking at NAMI Basics.
- Thanks to Theresa San Luis and Lindenwood University Belleville for hosting the event “Tuning Out Stigma … An Artist’s Endeavor” on April 12, 2017. We are scheduled to return for another performance in Spring 2018.
- Thank you to Greg and Cindy Beabout for teaching our affiliate’s Spring Family to Family Education class, the class finished with the celebratory dinner at Collinsville Ravanelli’s on May 9, 2017. Thanks to NAMI Member, Herbert Lomax, for speaking at Family to Family.
- Thank you to Paul and Diane Borawski for volunteering to teach the Summer session of Family to Family Education, the course will begin June 6, 2017.
- The affiliate will begin four new Support Groups in June/July in the following communities: Fairmont City, Granite City, Sparta, and Carlinville, Illinois. The specific meeting details are being finalized, the final meeting schedules will be published as soon as possible. Please check the affiliate website for the latest information.
NAMI SWI currently has active NAMI National Signature Programming in 7 Illinois Counties:
Bond, Clinton, Franklin, Madison, Macoupin, Monroe, and St. Clair
Thank you to all board members, project leaders, members, and volunteers!!! Jessica Gruneich, JD firstname.lastname@example.org