From the Executive Director…
Report from Executive Director
March 14, 2017
- Staff attended a United Way workshop on January 12, 2017 at the United Way IL Division offices in O’Fallon, Illinois that focused on strategic approaches that agencies can utilize for addressing financial challenges which have resulted from the ongoing Illinois budget crisis.
- Topics covered included: 1) assessing risk; 2) understanding resource allocation; 3) analyzing program sustainability; 4) strategic planning; 5) identifying and measuring key performance indicators; and 6) organizing approaches into crisis management.
- The Presenter was James R. Schmersahl, CPA, Schmersahl Treloar & Co. Staff attended the Illinois Human Services Partners Presentation, led by Judith Gethner, Executive Director, at Our Lord’s Lutheran Church in Maryville, IL on February 15, 2017.
- Judith shared information that included: The economic value of human services, transitioning human services from a charity model to a more progressive approach, how to be more effective, informed, and proactive as an organization, navigating the ongoing budget crisis in Illinois.
- A future workshop is planned for Summer 2017. NAMI SWI completed the 2017 United Way Olin Board Fellow Application, agencies selected will be notified in early April if selected. United Way data reporting opened March 9, 2017. The reporting period will close April 21, 2017.
A Special Thanks
- Thanks to NAMI SWI member, Theresa San Luis, who will be presenting “Tuning Out Stigma” at Lindenwood University-Belleville on April 12, 2017 at 4pm.
- Thanks to NAMI SWI Newsletter Editor, Sandy Giger, for designing the marketing materials.
- Thanks to Sandy Giger, Kris Gamm-Smith, Vickey Gonzalez, and Donna Sheard for participating in the panel discussion.
- Thanks to NAMI SWI Associate Director Marie Krysnoski & NAMI SWI Members Linda Methvin and Sandy Giger for coordinating our affiliate’s first ever Glo Bingo Fundraiser!
- Thanks to the Greenville Knights of Columbus for collaborating on the event, please join us at the Glo Bingo on Friday, April 28, 2017 at the Highland KC Hall, 12454-IL Route 143 Highland, IL 62249, doors open at 5:30pm, events begins at 7:30pm! The affiliate will participate in the annual CIT training scheduled for May 8-12 2017 at Grace Church in Fairview Heights, IL.
- Thanks to NAMI SWI Board Member, Amber Kaan, and CIT Project Leader Tom Johnson for coordinating the affiliate’s participation in the CIT training. The affiliate will host our annual 5k Race for Recovery & Walk for Awareness Saturday, May 13, 2017, during May, Mental Health Awareness Month, thanks to all board members, donors, members, and sponsors, for ensuring another fun, successful event for all!!
- Thanks to all members who participated in the NAMI Provider Education Training at Gateway Regional Medical Center, March 4-5 2017!! NAMI Provider Education is our affiliate’s newest NAMI Signature program offering. NAMI Provider Education introduces mental health professionals to the unique perspectives of individuals living with mental illness and their families. Providers develop enhanced empathy for individual’s daily challenges and recognize the importance of including individuals and families in all aspects of the treatment process.
- Thanks to NAMI SWI members, Heather Harris and Cara Emrich who presented the NAMI In Our Own Voice program in partnership with Human Service Center, in Sparta on March 8, 2017.
- Thanks to Vickey Gonzalez for assisting in the NAMI Parents & Teachers as Allies presented to the Sparta School District on Wednesday, March 15, 2017.
- The PTA program was presented to over 200 district staff and administration, special thanks to Heather Harris for helping to coordinate the program schedule.
NAMI SWI currently has active NAMI National Signature Programming in 7 Illinois Counties:
Bond, Clinton, Franklin, Madison, Macoupin, Monroe, and St. Clair
Thank you to all board members, project leaders, members, and volunteers!!! Jessica Gruneich, JD firstname.lastname@example.org