From the Executive Director…
Report from Executive Director
November 14, 2017
- Thanks to NAMI SWI Provider Education presenters Kris Gamm-Smith, George Smith, and Sylvia Morrissette, the group and I traveled to Bloomington, IL on September 27-29. The affiliate presented the NAMI Provider Seminar at the 2017 Statewide Veterans Educational Summit.
- Our group has been invited to present at the national conference in Washington D.C., in 2018!! NAMI SWI is the recipient of the 2017 Granite City Optimists community education grant award. The grant will enable our affiliate to increase the number of NAMI Ending the Silence programs offered in Granite City area schools.
- Thanks to the Edwardsville High School Health Occupation Students of America chapter, the affiliate was the recipient of a grant award from the school’s chapter. NAMI SWI presented NAMI Ending the Silence at the EHS campus on Oct 13th.
- Thanks to affiliate President, Beverley Watkins, who attended the annual NAMI IL state conference in Techny, IL October 13-14 on behalf of the affiliate.
- I had the honor of attending the 2017 NAMI National Executive Director Leadership Exchange in Washington D.C. from October 18-21. NAMI’s Executive Directors Leadership Exchange (EDLE) is an annual 3-day training and networking conference for state and affiliate executive directors.
- Thanks so much to all sponsors, attendees, members, and volunteers who made our affiliate’s inaugural Bling, Bubbly, and Blessings Gala a HUGE success!! A very special thanks to Laura Klein from Touchstone Crystal for her dedication and support!!!
- Welcome Vicki Short!! Vicki has joined our affiliate as the new Director of Development! Vicki was instrumental in assisting with the gala fundraiser! We are looking forward to working with Vicki on future projects in 2018!
- A special thank you to NAMI member, Joan Foster, who is retiring from the NAMI SWI Helpline at the end of December. Joan has been an instrumental member of the Helpline Team! Thank you, Joan.
- Thank you Donna Sheard and Cathy Knowlton! Donna and Cathy finished the affiliate’s Fall Basics education class on October 17th. Donna and Cathy are starting another Basics Education course beginning January 25th, 2018 in Maryville.
- Thanks to Cortnie Stone and Judi Boker for teaching the affiliate’s Fall Family to Family Education course. The class will finish December 14th.
- NAMI SWI will kick off our annual Warm Winter Wishes campaign on November 13th. Members can drop off items at Gateway Regional Medical Center in the lobby until Dec 20th.
- Thanks to Tom and Sandy Giger for helping with the affiliate’s End of Year Campaign! Sandy designed our 2017 Fact Sheet!
- Mark your calendars for the affiliate’s annual Winter Party! The Winter Party is scheduled for Saturday, Jan 20th, 2018! We will meet at Chestnut Health Systems in Granite City from 12:30pm-3pm. We will enjoy NAMI friends and catering from Ravanelli’s! Please RSVP to the office at (618) 798-9788 if you are planning to attend the Winter Party, or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NAMI SWI currently has active NAMI National Signature Programming in 7 Illinois Counties:
Bond, Clinton, Madison, Macoupin, Monroe, Randolph, and St. Clair
Thank you to all board members, project leaders, members, and volunteers!!! Jessica Gruneich, JD email@example.com