EVENTS & SUPPORT
NAMI Southwestern Illinois Office
- Gateway Regional Medical Center
- 2100 Madison Ave. 4th Floor
- Granite City, IL 62040
- Office Phone: 618-798-9788
- Office Fax: 866-332-5338
- Office E-mail:
NAMI’s third nationwide parity report found that, despite the federal parity law, people with mental illness aren’t getting the care they deserve. You can help fix this. Call or email Jennifer Hammer, Director of the Illinois Insurance Commission, (217) 782-4515, firstname.lastname@example.org, and ask that they ensure that health plans in our state are not violating your parity rights.
Important information about the future of Medicaid
With Harmful Medicaid Waivers Looming, the National Council issues State-by-State Fact Sheets to Support Advocacy. Help preserve Medicaid, use these fact sheets to support your advocacy efforts at the state level.
NAMI Illinois is fighting hard to make our voices heard. NAMI Illinois’ position and actions to be taken will be found on NAMI Illinois’ website at http://namiillinois.org/advocacy-legislation/. We urge you to visit that resource frequently to find additional information on important issues that are under consideration.
We need strong and persistent messages urging Congress to act. Please help advance mental health care by promoting Comprehensive Mental Health Reform Legislation.
November 30, 2017
On November 30th, NAMI released The Doctor is Out, which found that people continue to lack the same access to mental health providers as for other medical providers. When they do find a provider, many are forced to go out-of-network and pay high out-of-pocket costs at much higher rates than for primary or specialty medical care.
NAMI Family Support Group
NAMI Family Support Group is a peer-led support group for family members, caregivers and loved ones of individuals living with mental illness. Groups generally meet on a monthly basis but may meet weekly. The hallmark of a NAMI support group is leveraging the collective knowledge and experience of the other participants.
A peer-led support group, following 12 principles of support, open to all individuals living with any type of mental health condition. NAMI Connection groups are discreet and absolutely confidential, an ideal setting to connect with other individuals in recovery who are learning to cope with issues related to mental illness.
NAMI Parent Support Group
For parents and caregivers of children and adolescents living with a mental illness. This support group offers a safe, non-judgmental and confidential outlet for sharing with other parents and caregivers who have experiences similar to yours. There is hope for your child and for you. You don’t have to face this struggle on your own.
RACE • WALK - May 12, 2018
Early Bird Special Register early for our annual Race • Walk fundraising event at the discounted fee of $25 IF you register by April 13th. This is NAMI SWI’s largest fundraiser of the year. We need each and every member’s participation and more, so invite your family and friends!
NAMI SWI HOMEFRONT CLASS
The next round of NAMI Homefront Online classes begins on February 19, 2018. Peter Dodge will teach on Wednesdays, 6:30 - 8:30 pm, Central Time Zone, this round, but feel free to register for a session in any Time Zone that suits your schedule. Click here for more info.
Connection Support Meetings!
Why battle mental illness and stigma on your own? Support each other at a NAMI Connection meeting! Learn and share techniques that people use to fight these conditions. NAMI SWI currently has active Connection Support Groups meeting in Belleville and Edgemont, St. Clair Co., Carlinville, Macoupin Co., Granite City, Madison Co., and Sparta, Randolph Co., IL. COMING SOON...Mount Vernon. Click here for more info.
Buy and Sell on eBay for NAMI Southwestern Illinois
Shop, Sell, or Donate on eBay to Make a Difference!
You can support NAMI Southwestern Illinois when you buy or sell on eBay, with the eBay Giving Works program. Here’s how:
- You can find whatever you're looking for on eBay – from baseball cards to new cars and more. When you do, shop for items that benefit us. You can get a great deal and support our mission to provide support for individuals with mental illness and their friends and family at the same time!
- Shop now to support NAMI SWI!
- NAMI Southwestern Illinois’s Nonprofit Page on eBay
- You can also support NAMI Southwestern Illinois when you sell on eBay. Just designate our organization to receive 10-100% of your final sale price the next time you list something great.
- Did you know that charity listings often get more bids and higher prices than regular eBay listings? Boost your sales and support our critical work while you’re at it! Plus eBay gives back to you too, with a fee credit on your basic selling fees.
- Sell now to support NAMI SWI!
- NAMI Southwestern Illinois’s Nonprofit Page on eBay
Support the causes that matter to you!
Why sell for charity?
List your item for charity - it's a win-win!
- Highlight your listing with the eBay Giving Works charity ribbon.
- Raise money for your favorite causes through your eBay sales.
- When your listing sells, eBay credits back a portion of seller fees.
- All donations are tax deductible.
call the 24-hour hotline.
NAMI Southwestern IL
Gateway Regional Medical Center
2100 Madison Ave. 4th Floor
Granite City, IL 62040
Copyright © 2018 namiswi.org